Thread: Clock disappearing from panel sometimes after reboot amongst other problems

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Clock disappearing from panel sometimes after reboot amongst other problems

The title says it all did a fresh install of Ubuntu 13.10 after using Ubuntu 13.04 only thing I didn't format was my home partition. The clock keeps disappearing also the icon to the right of it where I can view system settings log out ect.......

Indicator time and date is installed. When it doesn't show up in the panel I can't change any of the time date settings via Time and Date in the Unity Dash. Any idea how to fix it?

So far 13.10 has not been good to me at all. AMD graphics card from additional drivers was a complete waste of time. 1 in 5 boots would result in a black screen and no desktop loading constantly crashing and no other way to recover other then holding down power button till the laptop shut down. Unity dash has become much slower while it loads all that smart scope crap which in my opinion is complete waste of time. Social networking lens doesn't display anything the first time after I close the dash and click on the lens again then I can see my Social networking information. Is this normal. I generally don't have many problems with Ubuntu with each new release it seems to be getting slower and less usable.

Specs:

Core i7 2.4Ghz
    8GM RAM
    1TB 7200rpm HDD
    AMD Radeon HD 7600M

Should be capable of running anything Ubuntu throws at it. But beginning to loose the fate in Ubuntu.As for open source graphics do a fairly ok job. They eat my battery and fan becomes very discomforting with the constant whirring noise interrupting me doing anything on the laptop.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Hoary 5.04

Re: Clock disappearing from panel sometimes after reboot amongst other problems

I have basically the same configuration as you do. Last night I installed the new 13.10 x64. I loved ubuntu since 5.04 when I first tried it. And each new version I trust it would always be better and improved. As far it is concerned as system maybe it is, but as user interface and experience i'm disappointed every time. I have the same problem as you + other UI problems on a fresh install and on a very good specs. It's getting really annoying. Please if you find how to fix that stupid unity panel, update your thread.

Beans

Re: Clock disappearing from panel sometimes after reboot amongst other problems

I'm having the same annoying problem. My clock disappears then reappears on reboot. Can anyone tell me why this happens?