Thread: Where to report bugs of the new distribution and how can I contribute?

Beans

Where to report bugs of the new distribution and how can I contribute?

Hey guys!

I was really looking forward to the Ubuntu distribution upgrade to 13.10, but although the upgrade finished without errors I found a bunch of very unpleasant bugs:

1) Network does not work after suspend, have to restart
    2) Cannot set "Alt+Shift" to change my keyboard layout, have to click with the mouse
    3) Mouse battery status is stuck on "(estimating....)" in the status bar
    4) Names of files on the desktop turn black upon renaming, making them almost unreadable on my background
    5) If I connect a second monitor to my laptop, the monitor of the laptop stops working (error message) and I can only use the external monitor

These are only few that came to my mind, maybe there are some more. But these are enough to influence my working experience enormously.

I don't want to switch back to Windows after 5 years of Ubuntu, and therefore I would like to help and contribute to avoid these frustrating upgrades. What is the best way to report these problems? How can I connect with people experiencing the same problems? How/where can I provide information about my system, so one can understand the problem and cure the bugs? Are some of the above bugs known to be confirmed? Maybe it is something specific related to my system and does not affect everyone? (Though I find that if things worked in the previous distribution they should also work after the upgrade)

Cheers,
    Stan

Beans

Re: Where to report bugs of the new distribution and how can I contribute?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Where to report bugs of the new distribution and how can I contribute?

Feel free to also create support threads here to see if someone can help with a fix or at least a workaround. Probably best to create a separate thread for each issue so they don't get in each other's way. Be sure to include information relevant about your system.