Thread: Help with console emulators

Beans

Help with console emulators

Hi i trying to find a good emulator for n64 i muten but i didn't like it. I want to try protect 64 but i couldn't get it to work on wine. Could some one tell me how to get it to work on wine?

i also had the crazy thought: why dont i create an emulator that works really well, something like visulboyadvance but for the 64. How would one go about doing this?

thanks, sorry for rambling
    tahdas

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Help with console emulators

Proper grammar goes a long way. People are more willing to help when your thread doesn't begin with "Hi i trying to-".

Anyways, try to find a native N64 emulator for Linux. I'm sure there's one out there.

Beans

Moved to emulators forum.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Project64 usually works under Wine. I've actually never seen it break for as many Wine versions as I've went through, the worst issue being sound. (Which was PulseAudio related. Pulse is horrible on my hardware, and crackles with extensive sound playback even for native Linux applications, so I disabled it for ALSA.) You shouldn't need any extra libraries to get it working. Were you seeing any error messages?

Also, there is Mupen64 Plus in Ubuntu's Software Center, and it works great on 64-bit, but the UI it was packaged with for previous LTS's has been gutted, leaving you to use only the command line. It's very usable despite that, but the learning curve is annoying, and different files you need to configure are scattered everywhere.