Thread: Email client for Ubuntu Touch

Beans

Email client for Ubuntu Touch

Enjoying the install I was wondering if there is an email client for Ubuntu Touch? ...Need to get to my email!

Thanks

Beans

Re: Email client for Ubuntu Touch

Currently there is no way to install other apps on Ubuntu touch. Use the browser.

Beans

I hope they make one soon. For me it is one of the main uses of my phone. I assume this is true with most people. Browser email is not a real solution, but thank you for the response.

Beans

Ubuntu touch is still extremely early in development. This release is intended for developers, and for the people that just want to check it out. The real release will be in April.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Another point to consider is that Ubuntu Touch is also open to community development and the Ubuntu community developers have been very much involved in the development. There is space for community developers to add their apps to Ubuntu Touch. If a developer sees a need for an email client then there is nothing stopping him or her from putting it into the Ubuntu Touch app store and if they developed the app using the Ubuntu SDK and published it using "click" packaging then the approval process will take a matter of hours.

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans

I hope someone will make some good e-mail client. Or if Thunderbird would be optimized for the phones

ps. but there is "Ubuntu E-mail application for Ubuntu devices" on this link
    Last edited by lapor2; October 26th, 2013 at 10:18 AM.