Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum login too clunky

Beans

Forum login too clunky

The new forum login is too complicated. I have to go thru 3 screens to get to the forum. I go to SSO button, which takes me to a second screen, which forces me to type entire login and passwrod (doesn't store the info), and the a third screen to say "do you want to log in" Any way to make it shorter? Can't find any info on this, maybe I'm not looking in the right place. Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: Forum login too clunky

Moved to Forum Feedback & Help
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Two comments.

If you are having to type in your email and password in the Ubuntu One login screen each time, then this is due to a browser setting that you need to deal with. Both Firefox and Chromium remember my Ubuntu One login credentials.

As for SSO login being "too complicated" I suggest you read this post of mine from another thread:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...1#post12811489

Compare my first list (SSO login) with the last list (old native vbulletin login). The old login was far more fiddly.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

It's fine here
    @CC offers good tips @OP

SSO seems to have ironed out some spam issues too
    Ubuntu 18.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Firefox remembers my user-name and password. Look in Edit>Preferences, in the Security tab "Remember Passwords".

Beans

Funny, but many other sites remember my PW, but this one doesn't. I checked under Firefox Preferences, security, and "remember passwords" is greyed out. Oh well.

Beans

I agree that login is too cumbersome. I have a lot of sites to login to and I use a password management app. I can create a different strong password for each site and yet only have to remember one password to get into any of them. When I logn to Ubuntu Forums, I also have to click 3 times. I'd like to click the link in my app ONCE and be logged in.N

Noted that previous login procedure was even clunkier, but that was then and I never saw it so I don't much care. This is the only site I go to that I have to click 3 or 4 times to login. Very inefficient.

Beans

Not such a big problem, and I feel bad pointing it out, since I appreciate what Ubuntu developers do for us all, but it seems like a problem for some of us... Still takes me through 4 screens,and I have to fill out my full UID/PW everytime - didn't have to do it before, and I HAVE looked at the instructions above. I'm sure there's an easy setting to fix, but it's not apparent on the login screen(s).

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

@hodad , have you tried creating a new firefox profile to see if that solves the problem?

Beans

Under Firefox "Edit-Preferences-Security", I see "Save Passwords for Sites", but it's greyed out. Don't see any "profiles" section anywhere.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast