Thread: Ububuntu 13.10 No Restart Button in Shutdown Menu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Question Ububuntu 13.10 No Restart Button in Shutdown Menu

Installed Ubuntu 13.10 on my Dell D830, Installed with no Problems. 1st 3 three things i Installed Cinnamon 2.0 DE, zonColor themes & icons also simple Red Ubuntu background.
    Noticed on the Shutdown menu there is no Option to Restart, Just Shutdown & suspend. I can log out & Restart from the Top Menu. i know i can also do sudo reboot. Is Restart Missing from the Shutdown Menu in Ubuntu 13.10?? any help would be appreciated Thanks
    The Answer Please if at all Possible

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Ububuntu 13.10 No Restart Button in Shutdown Menu

I have an option in the menu to restart but my installation of 13.10 is about a month old. I don't think having both restart and shutdown in the menu is necessary as they both pull up the same dialog that asks us to confirm the action by clicking restart or shutdown.

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Lightbulb Re: Ububuntu 13.10 No Restart Button in Shutdown Menu

I ONLY have the Option to "Shutdown, Suspend" in the Shutdown Menu. No Restart option at all. the way i hyave been Restarting is by Logging Out & Choose Restart from the Top Menu on Login Screen.
    The Answer Please if at all Possible

Beans

Re: Ububuntu 13.10 No Restart Button in Shutdown Menu

This was the only glitch I had in the 13.04 to 13.10 upgrade; a messed up power button. But I only have 'Suspend' and 'Cancel'. The button says it will shutdown in 60 seconds, so if that's all I want to do, its fine.