Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37

Thread: 14.04 codename released trusty tahr

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    ExodusHair<Čubura
    Beans
    3,854
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: 14.04 codename released trusty tahr

    Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    Kind of a warm a friendly beast but I wouldn't want to butt heads with him.
    That's why they've chosen trusty one...

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Beans
    10,581

    Re: 14.04 codename released trusty tahr

    I hope they live up to the name "Trusty" in 14.04.

    I had doubts about "Precise" but ultimately it did live up to it's name

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Beta Testing in Canada
    Beans
    5,477
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: 14.04 codename released trusty tahr

    Quote Originally Posted by zika View Post

    Now, that we know the name, when could we expect toolchain?...
    Code:
    sudo sed -i 's/saucy/trusty/g' /etc/apt/sources.list sudo apt-get update && sudo apt -get dist-upgrade sudo apt-get upgrade
    :rofl:

    I updated the /devel/ install I have and now they are all pointing to /trusty/.

    Code:
    W: Conflicting distribution: http://ca.archive.ubuntu.com devel Release (expected devel but got trusty)
    W: Conflicting distribution: http://ca.archive.ubuntu.com devel-updates Release (expected devel-updates but got trusty)
    W: Conflicting distribution: http://ca.archive.ubuntu.com devel-backports Release (expected devel-backports but got trusty)
    W: Conflicting distribution: http://security.ubuntu.com devel-security Release (expected devel-security but got trusty)
    This is Rolling Release
    Warnings for New Beta Testers& Helpful Terminal Commands:
    Running Trusty /devel/@ 5.120GHz32bit/ Please put [ prefix] on New Threads!

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    ExodusHair<Čubura
    Beans
    3,854
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: 14.04 codename released trusty tahr

    Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    I updated the /devel/ install I have and now they are all pointing to /trusty/.

    Code:
    W: Conflicting distribution: http://ca.archive.ubuntu.com devel Release (expected devel but got trusty)
    W: Conflicting distribution: http://ca.archive.ubuntu.com devel-updates Release (expected devel-updates but got trusty)
    W: Conflicting distribution: http://ca.archive.ubuntu.com devel-backports Release (expected devel-backports but got trusty)
    W: Conflicting distribution: http://security.ubuntu.com devel-security Release (expected devel-security but got trusty)
    Good for You...
    Let us know for how long it will stay like that...

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Beta Testing in Canada
    Beans
    5,477
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: 14.04 codename released trusty tahr

    Quote Originally Posted by zika View Post
    Good for You...
    Let us know for how long it will stay like that...
    Actually I switched the sources list over already. Nothing as of yet...(no upgrades).
    This is Rolling Release
    Warnings for New Beta Testers& Helpful Terminal Commands:
    Running Trusty /devel/@ 5.120GHz32bit/ Please put [ prefix] on New Threads!

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Halloween Town
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

    Re: 14.04 codename released trusty tahr

    Quote Originally Posted by zika View Post
    Now, that we know the name, when could we expect toolchain?...
    Code:
    sudo sed -i 's/saucy/trusty/g' /etc/apt/sources.list sudo apt-get update && sudo apt -get dist-upgrade sudo apt-get upgrade
    :rofl:
    Either that or
    Code:
    sudo update-manager -d
    But truth is we're all getting jumpy with the expectation. Is there any estimate of when the first images will start to land?
    Please mark your thread as solved if you get a satisfactory response.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Beans
    10,581

    Re: 14.04 codename released trusty tahr

    I'll likely just wait for the "flavors" Alpha 1 release to give things a try.

    In the meanwhile I need to figure out where and how to start a new "GNOME fallback/flashback (no effects)" project

    Likely right here since I know Edubuntu dev is going to keep it alive.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    ExodusHair<Čubura
    Beans
    3,854
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: 14.04 codename released trusty tahr

    Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    Actually I switched the sources list over already. Nothing as of yet...(no upgrades).
    You should be getting some (at least) warnings about empty folders...
    That is a good way to make DB unstable... Been there... Good luck...

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Beans
    218
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

    Re: 14.04 codename released trusty tahr

    Quote Originally Posted by zika View Post
    Now, that we know the name, when could we expect toolchain?...
    It is currently being copied/built.

    See the package update mailing list: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/tr...ober/date.html

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Beans
    417
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: 14.04 codename released trusty tahr

    I'm more interested in which kernel get used - Debian is using at the moment (testing) 3.10.XX - 3.12 would be good for Radeon users and I was never a friend of LTS Enablement Stacks as I stick for various reasons within a certain kernel line.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •