Thread: Errno 30 - Installing Ubuntu 13.10 from Wubi.exe, Windows 8

Beans

Errno 30 - Installing Ubuntu 13.10 from Wubi.exe, Windows 8

Hello I have tried installing Ubuntu all day long and i have tried 12.10, 13.04 and 13.10 both from bootable USB and through wubi but nothing is working for me, when i was a lot younger i succeeded with installing ubuntu but now it just feels impossible.

I have come to Grud4dos or what it is called where single word commandos work but nothing to get ubuntu up and going, when i choose boot it only said "no kernel found". And this was from USB. Then when i try to install through Wubi ubuntu launches but the crashes while installing, I get errno 30[Errno 30] Read-only file system"

I have tried this on 2 different hard disks and nothing gets changed.

Sorry for my bad english and i hope i posted this at the right place.

*Edit*
    I have also tried everything other people said about the Bios and things like that.
    Is my computer specs important so tell me to write it.
    I am using a Desktop computer or what it is called in english not a laptop
    Last edited by Joel_Nydahl; October 18th, 2013 at 07:20 PM. Reason: More info

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Errno 30 - Installing Ubunto 13.10 from Wubi.exe, Windows 8

Hello!

Unfortunately, Wubi is not going to work on Windows 8. Please see the warning in the yellow box here.

Wubi simply does not work properly with Windows 8 or UEFI motherboards.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans

Re: Errno 30 - Installing Ubunto 13.10 from Wubi.exe, Windows 8

Yeah i have seen that but tried anyways. Do you know how i can do to install ubuntu on my computer? I am tired of trying with USB when it is not working either..

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Errno 30 - Installing Ubuntu 13.10 from Wubi.exe, Windows 8

If you follow the "Learn More" link in that yellow warning box and go all the way to the bottom of the page it takes you to, there is a link to a step-by-step guide to installing Ubuntu on a computer with Windows 8 pre-installed.

One note: somewhere in there it says you can resize your Windows partitions with Ubuntu. Don't. Use the Windows partitioning tools.

Best wishes.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans

Re: Errno 30 - Installing Ubuntu 13.10 from Wubi.exe, Windows 8

My windows 8 is not pre-installed, and I have tried the things from "Learn more", I most have missed something, maybe I just should forget about using Ubuntu.

Thank you for the help!