Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: 14.04. on our door

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    ExodusHair<Čubura
    Beans
    3,853
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    14.04. on our door

    OK. Today we will finish yet another 6-months-tour...
    What will be the name for 14.04.?
    Are we going to use devel branch or will there be another way of going into rolling release (if any)...?
    If there were no USB flash way of boot-ing I would have no way of looking into proper vanilla 13.10. ...
    Never the less I like it and I think it is solid improvement, even though I do not care too much for Dash and such...
    Waiting for yet another toolchain, an old geezer with young/restless fingers...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Halloween Town
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

    Re: 14.04. on our door

    Quote Originally Posted by zika View Post
    OK. Today we will finish yet another 6-months-tour...
    What will be the name for 14.04.?...
    The name suggestion list keeps growing
    Quote Originally Posted by zika View Post
    Are we going to use devel branch or will there be another way of going into rolling release (if any)...?
    If there were no USB flash way of boot-ing I would have no way of looking into proper vanilla 13.10. ...
    Never the less I like it and I think it is solid improvement, even though I do not care too much for Dash and such...
    Even though not related, I discovered something that kinda of surprised me. Apparently Canonical developers are discussing whether Ubuntu 14.04 will use Gnome 3.10, or Gnome 3.8 - Staying on GTK/GNOME 3.8 next cycle/for the LTS?
    Quote Originally Posted by zika View Post
    Waiting for yet another toolchain, an old geezer with young/restless fingers...
    +1
    Please mark your thread as solved if you get a satisfactory response.
    Linux user #556334 | Ubuntu user #35168

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    3,151
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: 14.04. on our door

    Will this be the next LTS?
    Check Java Version | Install Java via WEB UPD8 PPA
    Creating a Custom Maintenance Free GRUB2 Screen Community Wiki
    Ubuntu 12.04 | 14.04 | 14.10 | Mint 13 | Mint 17 | Windows 7 | All 64 bit

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Austria
    Beans
    135
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: 14.04. on our door

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    Will this be the next LTS?
    Yes, Ubuntu 14.04 will be the next LTS version.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    3,151
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: 14.04. on our door

    Quote Originally Posted by thotz View Post
    Yes, Ubuntu 14.04 will be the next LTS version.
    Kewl! I'm in! I still have to install the new Saucy ISO I downloaded and I'll make some space for 14.04 probably by getting rid of Minit 15 which I didn't care for too much any way.
    Check Java Version | Install Java via WEB UPD8 PPA
    Creating a Custom Maintenance Free GRUB2 Screen Community Wiki
    Ubuntu 12.04 | 14.04 | 14.10 | Mint 13 | Mint 17 | Windows 7 | All 64 bit

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Beans
    10,445

    Re: 14.04. on our door

    I can't wait!

    Just two weeks ago I thought Saucy was a total dud but the devs pulled it all together in the past couple of weeks

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Beta Testing in Canada
    Beans
    5,435
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: 14.04. on our door

    Lets get ready to RUMBLE!!!!
    This is Rolling Release
    Warnings for New Beta Testers& Helpful Terminal Commands:
    Running Trusty /devel/@ 5.120GHz32bit/ Please put [ prefix] on New Threads!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    3,151
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: 14.04. on our door

    Quote Originally Posted by kansasnoob View Post
    I can't wait!

    Just two weeks ago I thought Saucy was a total dud but the devs pulled it all together in the past couple of weeks
    Just installed the released version. Still tweaking and stuff.
    Upon initial reboot after installation, it went to a black screen as it always does. I even gave it like 20 minutes before pressing the reset button then it was good.

    Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    Lets get ready to RUMBLE!!!!
    LoL! Yeah!
    Check Java Version | Install Java via WEB UPD8 PPA
    Creating a Custom Maintenance Free GRUB2 Screen Community Wiki
    Ubuntu 12.04 | 14.04 | 14.10 | Mint 13 | Mint 17 | Windows 7 | All 64 bit

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    ExodusHair<Čubura
    Beans
    3,853
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: 14.04. on our door

    Let us look ahead and leave 13.10 to the rest of wast spaces of these forums... This is Ubuntu+1 forum...
    Will the fact that 14.04 is LTS be a weight around dev's legs and will we have to wait for 14.10 testing to see major changes?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Beans
    10,445

    Re: 14.04. on our door

    Quote Originally Posted by zika View Post
    Let us look ahead and leave 13.10 to the rest of wast spaces of these forums... This is Ubuntu+1 forum...
    Will the fact that 14.04 is LTS be a weight around dev's legs and will we have to wait for 14.10 testing to see major changes?
    Yes, we need to see what comes out of the next UDS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •