Thread: incorrect user name previous account not accessed

Beans

incorrect user name previous account not accessed

Hi, I typed in an email address for ubuntu one that didn't connect with my previous forums username.
    I don't ever use ubuntu one so guessed wrong as to which email I had registered with.
    My previous forum logon/user name was carloslosgrande which is directly related to my primary email account - <snip>
    I'd like to be able to access my previous threads and I'd much rather change the user name back to what it was previously.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Elfy; October 17th, 2013 at 07:23 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: incorrect user name previous account not accessed

The mail address at login.ubuntu.com needs to match as the preferred address the one at the forum - which was not a fastmail one. It was a gmail one - rather similar to this accounts username.

Change it there - let us know - then we'll disassociate and you'll be able to log out and back in to the correct one.

Beans

OK,its changed to the new preferred one. Can you please now connect me to my old threads/posts etc. I assume that any new threads on this login will be merged?
    Thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I've disassociated this account - logging out and then back in should see you in your old account.

We don't merge accounts.