Thread: Why does Chrome on Linux seem to still be on the old interface?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Why does Chrome on Linux seem to still be on the old interface?

Maybe two weeks ago I got an update for Chrome on my desktop (running Windows 7) that changed quite a few things, most notably the new tab page. However, in that time Chrome has been updated on my Linux laptop at least twice and still doesn't look like it does on my desktop. Does anyone know why that is?
    "Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." ~Voltaire

Beans

Re: Why does Chrome on Linux seem to still be on the old interface?

Quote Originally Posted by u-noob-tu View Post
    Maybe two weeks ago I got an update for Chrome on my desktop (running Windows 7) that changed quite a few things, most notably the new tab page. However, in that time Chrome has been updated on my Linux laptop at least twice and still doesn't look like it does on my desktop. Does anyone know why that is?
    I'm pretty sure you are talking about the difference between Google Chrome and Chromium. If you think they are the same, they are not. Google Chrome is a branch of Chromium maintained by Google. If you want Google Chrome on Linux add their repository and install it, or download the package for your distro from www.google.com/chrome and install it that way.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Nah, I'm using standard Chrome, not Chromium. I don't use Chromium because some of the extensions that I use don't work well under Chromium. As of right now, I'm using Chrome version 30.0.1599.101.
    "Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." ~Voltaire

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by u-noob-tu View Post
    Nah, I'm using standard Chrome, not Chromium. I don't use Chromium because some of the extensions that I use don't work well under Chromium. As of right now, I'm using Chrome version 30.0.1599.101.
    It could be your sync data when you login to your Google account using your old settings. Take a look under Settings and see what are your Startup settings. Also the apps in the bookmarks bar might be something specific to the Windows version.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

not sure why, but i still wanted to put in my two cents that i prefer chromium and old the old format anyways