Thread: AMAVIS - forward spam according to domain name

Beans

AMAVIS - forward spam according to domain name

Hello!

I have exactly the same problem described in this thread. Does anybody know if and how it is possible to configure amavis to split up spam e-mails according to domain names?

We have two MTA-Systems with postfix/ amavis/ spamassassin/ clamav which forward e-mails from the internet to different Microsoft Exchange Servers after scanning them for viruses and spam. Each MSExchange-Server handles a different set of domains, therefore I want to split up the spam to the according MSExchanges.

Thanks in advance!
    Xylo

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: AMAVIS - forward spam according to domain name

Configure postfix to deliver by domain as described here: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62955
    If you ask for help, please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans

Hi SeijiSensei!

Thank you for your response, but what is descriped in this thread is already up and running in my configuration since a few years now.

What I need to do know ist to tell amavis, that he should forward detected SPAM to specific e-mail addresses (one per domain) on the corresponding MSExchange Servers.

Spam for domain1.com should be forwarded to spam@domain1.com on MSExchange Server 1
    Spam for domain2.com should be forwarded to spam@domain2.com on MSExchange Server 2
    Spam for domain3.com should be forwarded to spam@domain3.com on MSExchange Server 3
    and so on.

If I want to simply forward all spam to an e-mail address, i can use
    $final_spam_destiny and
    $spam_quarantine_to
    but I have no idea, how to tell amavis to split spam based on the domain information in the recipient e-mail address.

Does anybody have an idea, how I can accomplish that?

best regards
    xylo

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

You can install procmail as the local mail delivery agent and use "recipes" to forward mail to another account based on characteristics of the message. However you would need to determine a method to deliver messages marked as spam to a local mailbox rather than forwarding them to the Exchange servers since procmail operates on messages as they are delivered.

I use MailScanner to filter spam. It has the ability I describe where spams it identifies can be routed to a separate mailbox rather than delivered to the recipient. I don't know whether your mail system can be configured to do that.

If you can figure out a way to deliver the spam locally, say to the spam@localhost account, then you could create a .procmailrc in the /home/spam directory like this:

Code:
    :0
    * ^TO.*domain1\.com
    ! spam@domain1.com
    That forwards any mail arriving at this account and addressed to someone at domain1.com to the spam@domain1.com mailbox. You can add similar recipes for the other domains.
    Last edited by SeijiSensei; October 16th, 2013 at 03:43 PM.
    If you ask for help, please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users