Thread: Moving from Windows to Ubuntu wihtout CD, USB

Threaded View

Beans

Question Moving from Windows to Ubuntu wihtout CD, USB

Hello, as the title says, I am looking to transfer from Windows (7) to Ubuntu.

My reason for this is that Windows is taking up too much space. My computer is 13 years old, and has a 20GB hard drive (13 of which are alerady used by C:/Windows). I have about 1GB of files left on the computer (which took a hell of a lot of freeing up space*) outside of C:/Windows, meaning a 6GB space to work with. I know that this is enough to install Wubi and so my thinking is it should be enough for a standalone installation (not sure if 'standalone' is the right word, but I imagine you konw what I mean).

Another note about my computer is that it doesen't have a working CD drive (I sorta broke it ). And, while my compute has USB1.1 ports, I cannot boot from them (don't know why, but I remeber trying and failing).

In an ideal circumstance I want to be able to completley remove Windows from my computer and only have Ubuntu.

*I uninstalled pretty much every proram on my computer, uploaded the files to Google Drive, etc

Please help where you can,
    Scott
    Last edited by Scott_Page; October 15th, 2013 at 02:18 AM.