Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: easy2boot - How to easily boot multiple ISOs from a single USB drive

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: easy2boot - How to easily boot multiple ISOs from a single USB drive

Quote Originally Posted by sammiev View Post
    I read up on the new links and tried it and a few older versions with no luck. I just get a Grub Rescue prompt on boot. It sounds and reads so simple but just no joy. Even tried a few different USBs.
    Not sure if this is the issue but I couldn't get it to work when I changed directory in terminal to grub4dos and issuing this command
    -
    Code:
    sudo ./bootlace.com --time-out=0 /dev/sdx
    as per directions. However when I Changed directory to the folder where bootlace.com was located(one level down) in the grub4dos directory it did work
    Hope that helps

Also when using the defrags script I removed the .pl suffix on the file name and used the specific file name as directed
    Last edited by SuperFreak; April 13th, 2014 at 08:25 PM.
    MB: Asrock Extreme4-M CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz Memory: Corsair Low Profile Vengeance 16.00 GB. GC On CPU HD4000 Platform: x86_64 Distribution:Ubuntu 14.04TrustyTahr with Cinnamon DE Boot: EFI File System:EXT4

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

sorry for multiple posts only the last one was needed
    MB: Asrock Extreme4-M CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz Memory: Corsair Low Profile Vengeance 16.00 GB. GC On CPU HD4000 Platform: x86_64 Distribution:Ubuntu 14.04TrustyTahr with Cinnamon DE Boot: EFI File System:EXT4

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFreak View Post
    Not sure if this is the issue but I couldn't get it to work when I changed directory in terminal to Easy2Boot USB and issuing this command
    -
    Code:
    sudo ./bootlace.com --time-out=0 /dev/sdx
    as per directions. However when I Changed directory to the folder where bootlace.com was located(one level down) in the Easy2Boot USB directory it did work
    Hope that helps

Also when using the defrags script I removed the .pl suffix on the file name and used the specific file name as directed
    I will give it another try. Thanks
    UsingTheTerminal and PopularPages A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.

Smile today, cry tomorrow!
    ( Read this everyday )

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

My bad.

I was using /dev/sdb1 instead of /dev/sdb.

Many Thanks it works great now.
    UsingTheTerminal and PopularPages A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.

Smile today, cry tomorrow!
    ( Read this everyday )

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I've just setup grub4dos/easy2boot on a FAT32 filesystem, but I am unable to fix non-contiguous files/defrag the filesystem using defragfs or defrag (a similar but bash-based script from http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/defrag/defrag-0.08/defrag). They both report no issues; if I go to a Windows PC with WinContig fragmentation is definitely detected.

Basically, has anyone found a way to truly defragment ISOs on easy2boot FAT32-formatted USB sticks from Linux?

Thanks

Beans

I'm having some difficulty with this process. I end up with 'Missing operating system' when I reboot.

Should the command
    Code:
    sudo ./bootlace.com --time-out=0 /dev/sdb
    be run whilst in the following subdirectory?
    Code:
    /grub4dos/grub4dos-0.4.6a/
    Should the .iso files go in /EASY2BOOT/_ISO/MAINMENU/ or /EASY2BOOT/_ISO/LINUX/ ?

Edit: I'm using a SanDisk Cruzer 8GB USB
    Last edited by EnglishElectricAndy; May 2nd, 2014 at 06:01 PM. Reason: added USB brand

Beans

0.4.6a is Alpha and experimental - use latest version of 0.4.5c

www.easy2boot.com has all information

Beans

defragfs (perl) is included in latest download of easy2boot v1.53 or 1.54Beta www.easy2boot.com - see \_ISO\docs\linux_utils - should work with FAT32

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Easy2Boot v1.42+ has a new feature that means that you don't have to make all your ISO files contiguous.

If the ISO is not contiguus, E2B will copy the contents of the whole ISO to the \_ISO\CONTIG.ISO file which is a contiguous file. E2B will then boot from CONTIG.ISO instead of the original ISO file.

However, this feature is only useful for .ISO files that are reasonably small as it takes time for E2B to make a contiguous copy of the ISO (and it does this each and every time you run the same ISO).

Read more: http://www.easy2boot.com/not-contigu...or/contig-iso/

http://www.easy2boot.com/not-contigu...or/contig-iso/

Beans

v1.54Beta has a fmt.sh script which will format a USB drive partition, copy over the E2B files and run bootlace to install grub4dos to the MBR.
    Use it at your own risk!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast