Thread: Unable to load music to SanDisk Sansa Clip using Rhythembox

Hybrid View

Beans

Unable to load music to SanDisk Sansa Clip using Rhythembox

Hi.
    I'm using Ubuntu 13.04. I just got a SanDisk Sansa Clip MP3 player. I was trying to download music to it, but everytime I tryed to sync the Music folder with the device, Rhythembox would just shut down. I tryed resetting anf formatting the device, but it didn't seem to help.
    What shall I do?
    Thanks,
    - Dotan

Beans

Re: Unable to load music to SanDisk Sansa Clip using Rhythembox

No need to use Rhythmbox for your Clip.
    First make sure the USB mode on the clip, found in Settings>System Settings is set to MSC which is much easier and quicker IMHO.
    Go to the source folder of your music and copy the tracks to the clip board and then paste them into the MUSIC folder on the Clip.
    I suggest giving at least 5 minutes for every GB pasted, USB is slow.
    Last edited by Jonor; October 14th, 2013 at 07:45 PM.

Beans

Thanks, Jonor.
    Unfortunately, I can't open the Sansa music folder. The only open it would open is by using Rhythmbox/Banshee/some other software.
    - Dotan

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Dotan_B View Post
    Unfortunately, I can't open the Sansa music folder. The only open it would open is by using Rhythmbox/Banshee/some other software.
    It sounds like you're still in MTP mode.

Beans

Are you using a simple file browser such as Files, which is in the Ubuntu Software Centre ?
    Your Clip should be displayed some way down on the left hand side of the browser window.
    After clicking on the Clip, the MUSIC folder should be displayed on the right hand side.
    Double clicking on the MUSIC folder should open it.

Beans

you may want to reformat the Clip if you can, and reset it to USB Mass Storage mode instead of MTP mode. Each mode has it's own storage on the Clips, so you'd be wasting space by having leftovers on the MTP mode side. But I could be wrong about that. I was never 100% sure either way. But once you get a fresh system with USB Mass Storage mode, then it's all good. And you can use any file manager on almost any OS (as long as the file system is FAT32, which it usually is), and put your music files into the music folder.

Good luck. Check the SanDisk Sansa Clip forums. There is tons of good info there.