Thread: Ubuntu 12.04 with Cinnamon DE screen freezes

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Ubuntu 12.04 with Cinnamon DE screen freezes

I am getting frequent freezing of my computer screen while in Cinnamon DE. Mouse moves but I can't click on anything and CTL ALT DEL does not get me out. I can use CTL ALT F2 I think to get to a black screen with a command interface. If I restart manually and login to another interface I don't get freezing.

Recently in Cinnamon DE the panels disappeared and Firefox had a barely usable screen (no max min close buttons). So I removed Cinnamon and reinstalled from the stable PPA(http://ppa.launchpad.net/gwendal-leb...-stable/ubuntu).
    The only other recent activity was installing MultiBootUSB which was quite problematic but installed through software center eventually. Also I added a new tertiary storage drive
    MB: Asrock Extreme4-M CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @3.50GHz Memory: Corsair Low Profile Vengeance 16.00 GB. GC On CPU HD4000 Platform: x86_64 Distribution:

Beans
    Distro

Re: Ubuntu 12.04 with Cinnamon DE screen freezes

Any help would be gratefully received. I haven't had this problem for over a year and it has just cropped up again. I notice that Cinnamon has upgraded to version 2.02 recently but I think this occurred before the upgrade

freeze seems to occur randomly- in firefox in thunderbird

Installing MultiBootUSB it asked me to remove Thunderbird global menu and install a dependency for something else, I don't know if that is pertinent
    Last edited by SuperFreak; October 13th, 2013 at 03:49 PM.
    MB: Asrock Extreme4-M CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @3.50GHz Memory: Corsair Low Profile Vengeance 16.00 GB. GC On CPU HD4000 Platform: x86_64 Distribution:

Beans
    Distro

Re: Ubuntu 12.04 with Cinnamon DE screen freezes

Anyone??