Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Installation Unsuccessful Ubuntu on HP Compaq

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Beans
    4

    Installation Unsuccessful Ubuntu on HP Compaq

    Hello guy´s i´m a new guy on this forum and i need your help please.

    I have a HP Compaq amd e1-1200 apu with radeon(tm) hd graphics 1.40 ghz.

    I installed Ubuntu on laptop together with Windows and when i restart the system gives the following error.

    \ubuntu\winboot\wubildr.mbrstatus 0xc000007b



    Then i try to install by the USB way and that install normaly but when the system restart to not appearing the windows tho choose Linux or WIndows ....

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Beans
    4

    Re: Installation Unsuccessful Ubuntu on HP Compaq

    No help?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    India
    Beans
    7,605
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Installation Unsuccessful Ubuntu on HP Compaq

    Welcome to the forums dariomgsilva!

    Quote Originally Posted by dariomgsilva View Post
    ..the system gives the following error.

    \ubuntu\winboot\wubildr.mbrstatus 0xc000007b
    ...
    Then i try to install by the USB way and that install normaly but when the system restart to not appearing the windows tho choose Linux or WIndows ....
    WUBI is quite buggy now and doesn't always work as expected.

    Regarding your second attempt-

    Have you done a full installation on the hard disk now?

    Did you test the USB in live mode (Test without installing option)?

    Did your laptop/netbook come with Windows 8 pre-installed? If it is Win7, not win8, can you confirm if it is a UEFI based installation or not?

    And last, Can you still boot into Windows normally?
    Varun
    Help others by marking threads as [SOLVED], if they are. (See how)
    Wireless Script | Use Code Tags

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Beans
    4

    Re: Installation Unsuccessful Ubuntu on HP Compaq

    Quote Originally Posted by varunendra View Post
    Have you done a full installation on the hard disk now?
    I made the installation in hard disk using USB PEN

    Quote Originally Posted by varunendra View Post
    Did you test the USB in live mode (Test without installing option)?
    Yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by varunendra View Post
    Did your laptop/netbook come with Windows 8 pre-installed? If it is Win7, not win8, can you confirm if it is a UEFI based installation or not?
    Yes my netbook come with Windows 8 pre-installed. The BIOS say something about UEFI.

    This is in Portuguese sorry but you can see the netbook that i have.

    Quote Originally Posted by varunendra View Post
    And last, Can you still boot into Windows normally?
    I install the Ubuntu and whe i restart the PC that goes directly to windows.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Beans
    426

    Re: Installation Unsuccessful Ubuntu on HP Compaq

    At boot, if you type a function key (varies by machine) do you get to the efi boot menu to select devices or OSes? Do you see "windows boot manager" and "ubuntu" in this list or maybe after you select the hard disk? If you select ubuntu, do you get to the grub screen? If you are at the grub screen, can you select ubuntu and have it boot?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •