Thread: Ubuntu 13.04 resume from suspend not working -- goes to blank screen with cursor

Beans

Ubuntu 13.04 resume from suspend not working -- goes to blank screen with cursor

Hi there,

I have a desktop machine (Intel Pentium G630 -- Sandybridge with HD3000 graphics) with the Intel H61 chipset. Ubuntu works well with this machine EXCEPT for when I put the computer to sleep. When I resume it from sleep (or suspend is what I guess is the Ubuntu nomenclature), it does not enable me to get to a working desktop. Instead, a blank screen with a hung cursor appears. Invoking a new shell (Ctrl+Alt+F4, F5, etc) so I could start the window manager (startx) does nothing. I have to reset the machine.

I'm thinking that this may be an issue with drivers, however, I have found out that this is a widespread problem. It has had similar behavior in Ubuntu 12.04/12.10 except sometimes the machine will resume successfully to a working desktop, only to freeze, requiring the REISUB trick to reboot.

Any ideas?

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 13.04 resume from suspend not working -- goes to blank screen with cursor

Welcome to the forums gmisch !

Please post back the suspend log (open a terminal with Ctrl-Alt-T, and..) -
    Code:
    cat /var/log/pm-suspend.log
    Copy the whole output using mouse pointer and paste it here in your next post, within 'Code' box. (Please follow the "Using Code Tags" link in my signature to see how.)
    Varun
    Help others by marking threads as [SOLVED], if they are. (See how)
    Wireless Script | Use Code Tags