I have a hobby project in mind:
a simple photo manager for Ubuntu desktop. (no phone or tablet)
The main feature would require:
- moving, copying files
- renaming files and folder.
- reading, writing exif data from / to jpeg fies.
- generating thumbnails from large original jpeg pictures
I would like to integrate it with Ubuntu i.e.,
- integrated to the launcher
- when connecting my camera I should have the possibility to start my application
These are, I think, the relevant information to the application.
I have problem to make up my mind about which technology I should use.
- I'm a Java developer. Thus I could make the application in Java.
- I first thought Python was the way to go on the desktop, but after researching http://developer.ubuntu.com/ I rather got the impression it is deprecated.
Are there other technologies I should consider?
Is there a killing criterion which could help me decide about the technology choice?
Do you have some input to help me decide?
Thanks a lot