Thread: Ubuntu 13.10 Final Question

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Ubuntu 13.10 Final Question

I've been running 13.10 development for the last 3 months of the cycle...i got into 13.10 development by upgrading my 13.04 using the iso installer upgrade method which as i reported...worked out great...
    I'm not planning on staying on development...i am going to roll into each new final version of ubuntu using the iso installer upgrade method from now on...

My question is: with the massive amount of updates during development, does a lot of extra stuff accumulate and i was wondering if i might be better off upgrading again on 13.10 using the final release iso (which should clear out all the extra stuff since it is kind of like a clean install in the way it works)...or would it be best to simply let it finalize with the updates, as i am running it right now?

All input appreciated

By the way, yes...the iso installer does give you the option of upgrading the same release you are currently running...i checked it on a daily build iso recently...
    It says: Upgrade Saucy Salamander to 13.10 or something like that...(it is an additional option to the normal: wipe it out and replace with option)...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Ubuntu 13.10 Final Question

I just monitor my root file system on conky.

If I notice it get too big I autoremove autoclean etc and remove old kernels. Simples.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Re: Ubuntu 13.10 Final Question

Sounds cool...but when it comes to doing the technical stuff i usually refrain as i tend to make more of a mess when i do
    I figure doing that "upgrade" will be a way to accomplish that except ubuntu will be doing it for me

I think i probably will do it...just because it will be interesting to see how it goes (hopefully well...lol)

But i am prepared to re-do with a clean install if things get too messed up, though hopefully, that will not be the case...
    In the future, i'd just be trying to do upgrades from one final version to the next...hoping to "roll" with ubuntu in that manner...