Screen lock w/ password on 12.04LTS LiveCD
I started using Ubuntu and ran into problems trying to lock my screen.
What I did:
1. I created additional (non-root) user for me and assing it a password.
2. Ran 'gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.lockdown disable-lock-screen false' and switched on 'Lock' in 'Brightness and Lock' to allow screen lock on LiveCD.
3. And than I logged out of 'ubuntu' (user) and logged into my user but still - the sceen locks, but nobode asks for passwords on return (the system simply retruns to my desktop).
4. Checked on the internet for 2 hours - no solution found.
5. The same goes for suspend.
P.S. I know this will lock only the current X session and an experienced user might switch to, say ctrl+alt+f1 - any suggestion to completely lock my station under LiveCD will be appreciated.
Re: Screen lock w/ password on 12.04LTS LiveCD
if you logged in with 'not-ubuntu' user, the "Lock" is on in "Brightness and Lock"?