Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Can not upgrade to 13.10

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Can not upgrade to 13.10

Quote Originally Posted by Chelidze View Post
    Sadly did not work

I understand that but I wanted to upgrade to ubuntu 13.10 BETA version like that but when 13.10 will be released I will do a clean reinstall

Sadly did not work don't have ia32-libs at all
    I was thinking maybe you have package like ia32 "ia-32-libs aren't available for saucy"
    You have Java PPA maybe some package related to that

Beans

Ok this thing worked

Code:
    sudo sed -i 's/raring/saucy/' /etc/apt/sources.list
    and then

Code:
    Sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Actually, 13.10 will be final released next thursday (17th) so you burn that iso and upgrade to 13.10 at that time...if you have problems, you can always do a clean install of it after that...
    When i used a daily build iso of 13.10 development to upgrade my 13.04, since it was the first time i was doing an upgrade, i had in the back of my mind that worse case scenario i would re-do it as a clean install but it worked so well, i didn't need to...

If you use a daily build iso right now...and it works out for you, then as of next thursday, you would have a final release anyway (with the updates you will get between now and then)...
    so, optionally, you could go ahead and upgrade using the iso right now..if you want to try...

I got into development several months ago and in fact when 13.10's final iso is released next week i am actually going to try upgrading my current 13.10 again, so that i clear out a lot of stuff that accumulated over several months of massive updating (lol) on development...yes...believe it or not you can upgrade an already done upgrade on the SAME version...the option is offered in the installer!
    If i pop in a daily build (or the final iso next week) of 13.10, it gives me the option of UPGRADING my 13.10 to Saucy Salamander (13.10) again...so it will clear out all the previous stuff and make it more like a fresh install...

I'm prepared to do a clean install of 13.10 final if things get messed up...but it will be interesting to see what will happen

My personal plan is once i get 13.10 final installed (by upgrading or clean install if needed) then... rather then roll from one development version to the next one, i will upgrade each final version of ubuntu and roll with it that way instead...
    Last edited by craig10x; October 10th, 2013 at 11:04 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by craig10x View Post
    Actually, 13.10 will be final released next thursday (17th) so you burn that iso and upgrade to 13.10 at that time...if you have problems, you can always do a clean install of it after that...
    When i used a daily build iso of 13.10 development to upgrade my 13.04, since it was the first time i was doing an upgrade, i had in the back of my mind that worse case scenario i would re-do it as a clean install but it worked so well, i didn't need to...

If you use a daily build iso right now...and it works out for you, then as of next thursday, you would have a final release anyway (with the updates you will get between now and then)...
    so, optionally, you could go ahead and upgrade using the iso right now..if you want to try...

I got into development several months ago and in fact when 13.10's final iso is released next week i am actually going to try upgrading my current 13.10 again, so that i clear out a lot of stuff that accumulated over several months of massive updating (lol) on development...yes...believe it or not you can upgrade an already done upgrade on the SAME version...the option is offered in the installer!
    If i pop in a daily build (or the final iso next week) of 13.10, it gives me the option of UPGRADING my 13.10 to Saucy Salamander (13.10) again...so it will clear out all the previous stuff and make it more like a fresh install...

I'm prepared to do a clean install of 13.10 final if things get messed up...but it will be interesting to see what will happen

My personal plan is once i get 13.10 final installed (by upgrading or clean install if needed) then... rather then roll from one development version to the next one, i will upgrade each final version of ubuntu and roll with it that way instead...
    Thank you for the information and your help, I finally managed to get it to work, so far not much to complain except that I am still using 3.8 kernel

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Very Good and you are welcome...
    Saucy is using the 3.11 kernel...someone may be able to help you with that...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234