Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: muted speaker panel icon won't work (amd64bit)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

muted speaker panel icon won't work (amd64bit)

The speaker icon is muted by default and when I go to "unmute" it , it shows a different pull down menu /Indicator Plugin/Move/Remove/Panel/ on the right click and this little white bar on the left click.

Regards..

Xubuntu - amd64 .. daily fully installed:
    This is Rolling Release
    Warnings for New Beta Testers& Helpful Terminal Commands:
    Running Trusty /devel/@ 5.120GHz32bit/ Please put [ prefix] on New Threads!

Beans
    Distro

Re: muted speaker panel icon won't work (amd64bit)

Ok.. I went to Settings/Panel to customize the panel and I see now that the little speaker icon is called "Indicator Plugin" and thats what I get when I right click the icon on the panel. So somthing is wrong here..?
    Last edited by ventrical; October 11th, 2013 at 07:44 AM.
    This is Rolling Release

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Forum Social IRC Channel
    Xubuntu IRC Support
    Xubuntu Support

Please do not PM me about Registration issues without having been asked to. I will tell you to post here

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    That's it.

Frankly, I didn't participate in that bug report, because, when I saw that the indicator-sound package didn't work, I just deleted it. My laptop buttons for sound work fine (Lenovo T400), and I have access to the Pulse Audio controls through the Applications Menu, so, I'm all good. I'm not a fan of clutter, so, I'll probably leave it like that, even if it is fixed.

Which brings up a concern/observation. There has always been a lot of leftover bugs that are never fixed on each new release. I don't hold out much hope for a better track record on fixes now that we're using a 9 month release cycle between LTS releases. Personally, like this conversation, if I can figure out a workaround that works for me, I'm beginning more and more to just forget about/ignore bugs. If they get fixed, fine. If not, whatever...

Edit:

LTS development cycles deserve a lot of attention and work by all community members. My comments above refer to the interim releases only, such as 13.10.
    Last edited by OrangeCrate; October 9th, 2013 at 05:33 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrate View Post
    That's it.

Frankly, I didn't participate in that bug report, because, when I saw that the indicator-sound package didn't work, I just deleted it. My laptop buttons for sound work fine (Lenovo T400), and I have access to the Pulse Audio controls through the Applications Menu, so, I'm all good. I'm not a fan of clutter, so, I'll probably leave it like that, even if it is fixed.

Which brings up a concern/observation. There has always been a lot of leftover bugs that are never fixed on each new release. I don't hold out much hope for a better track record on fixes now that we're using a 9 month release cycle between LTS releases. Personally, like this conversation, if I can figure out a workaround that works for me, I'm beginning more and more to just forget about/ignore bugs. If they get fixed, fine. If not, whatever...

Edit:

LTS development cycles deserve a lot of attention and work by all community members. My comments above refer to the interim releases only, such as 13.10.

I just removed it , stuck in a audio CD and parole media player came on and just about blew me out of my chair ! <had volume at high on my amp. lol

Thanks elfin and orangecrate.

regards..
    This is Rolling Release

Beans
    Distro

Editing out duplicate entry.

btw .. as the parole media player was palying it affected the network . I had problems getting staying on line and my sp even puked out one of those proprietary DSL screens at me lol
    Last edited by ventrical; October 10th, 2013 at 12:54 AM.
    This is Rolling Release

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

i posted a workaround for that in comment 41, based on comment 5
    my workaround should make a system with multiple DEs happy, also happy with multiple sessions with varying DEs
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

There is work going on to get gtk3 indicators in, I've got them going on my machine.
    Forum Social IRC Channel
    Xubuntu IRC Support
    Xubuntu Support

Please do not PM me about Registration issues without having been asked to. I will tell you to post here

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

well i really hope it makes it into the final ISO, a broken volume indicator on the live ISO will leave a bad impression
    Laptop: ASUS A54C-NB91 (Storage: WD3200BEKT + MKNSSDCR60GB-DX); Desktop: Custom Build - Images included; rPi Server
    Putting your Networked Printer's scanner software to shame PHP Scanner Server
    I frequently edit my post when I have the last post

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Code:
    elfy said There is work going on to get gtk3 indicators in, I've got them going on my machine.
    Ya I'm going to wait for this one to geat fixed, I suffer like ventrical losing my net also!
    Besides Gnome & KDE on 5 installs has kept me hoppin lately
    “Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one" Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast