Thread: howto recover my original account after using SSO to login,

Beans

howto recover my original account after using SSO to login,

Howto recover my original account after using SSO to login,

Bacause I've had already a ONE account with my e-mail addres and my name (not nick name). I can't login to my original accounts. "fonsi2099"

now that was automatically generated fonsi20992 and here I don't have any of my threads.

Zitat:
    "Don't be fooled by join dates, since we changed to using SSO to login, many members have decided for whatever reason not to use their original accounts. "

Thank for your prompt help

fonsi2099
    Last edited by fonsi20992; October 8th, 2013 at 08:16 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: howto recover my original account after using SSO to login,

Moved to the Resolution Centre.
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I'm not quite sure what you're saying. If you already had a ONE account with the original email address, you should have been able to use it to link to your forum account. The primary email account used for fonsi20992 is different than the one for fonsi2099 - which is why the new account was generated. If you set the fonsi2099 email address as the SSO primary email address, you should be able to re-connect. I will disassociate this account.
    Linux User #415691 Ubuntu User #8629
    Iowa Team (LoCo): [Wiki] [Launchpad]
    IRC channel: #ubuntu-us-ia on irc.freenode.net

Beans

Please see the description:
    If you already had a ONE account with the original email address, you should have been able to use it to link to your forum account. HOW??
    I have it since more that 5 years, my primary forum account as fonsi2099, (mail: EMAIL= <snip> ) at that time doesn't existed UBUNTU ONE.

The primary email account used for fonsi20992 this is not my primary account, it has been generated automatically cause the forum account as fonsi2099, is already existing with mail: EMAIL=<snip> ,
    now fonsi2099 with other mail "<snip>" , has not been accepts the system has generated fonsi20992.
    is different than the one for fonsi2099 - which is why the new account was generated.
    If you set the fonsi2099 email address as the SSO primary email address, HOW, where?? you should be able to re-connect. I will disassociate this account.

Since almost one year I'd created a ONE account with my name Alfonso Ortega (not nickname) with mail: [EMAIL="<snip>[/EMAIL]
    NOW the ONE account and the Forum account have the same mails [EMAIL=<snip>[/EMAIL] BUT two different user names the real name for ONE and nick name for FORUM,
    I thik the conflict is : Forum fonsi2099 has [EMAIL="<snip>[/EMAIL] and ONE alfonso ortega have the same mail: [EMAIL=<snip>[/EMAIL]
    this is why fonsi20992 has been generated.
    the conflict started afte
    r the new login for FORUM with ONE.

NOW my support request :
    I
    want to recover my primary forum account fonsi2099 with may threads, as [EMAIL="<snip>[/EMAIL] or [EMAIL=<snip>[/EMAIL],
    I need to keep my ONE account as alfonso.ortega
    -- <snip>
    and
    fonsi20992 is not more needed can be deleted.

Thank you very much in advance
    Last edited by coffeecat; October 10th, 2013 at 11:04 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

I've disassociated this fonsi20992 account from Ubuntu One

Make sure the email address starting with alfonso is the one set as preferred in Ubuntu One and you will log into the fonsi2099 account next time you log in.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

I've snipped all the email addresses from your previous post to protect you from spammers. The email addresses are still visible to admins but not publicly. Please do not post your email address publicly - we can deal with that detail confidentially if necessary.

Also - the use of colour and not using quote tags when you quote a previous post makes your post very difficult to read.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.