Thread: [Xubuntu] Upgraded to 13.04, too many glitches in 12.04

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

[Xubuntu] Upgraded to 13.04, too many glitches in 12.04

I ran Xubuntu LTS for a few days and noticed a bunch of small bugs and hangs up that I did not notice in later versions of the OS. I have to give Ubuntu and Xubuntu a lot of credit for coming such a long way in just about the two years since the LTS was released. Things I noticed with the LTS where the slow opening of the folders on boot up due to the auto-mount network bug, problems with ext hard drives and not being able copy and paste files to them. And problems with virtual box being slow and unstable. I have not noticed any problems with the 13.04 version. And the GUI is much nicer in 13.04.

I think I would much rather stay update then worry about reinstalling every 6-8 months.

Has anyone els noticed the stability and smoothness improve a lot since the LTS version came out?
    Last edited by Copper_City; October 8th, 2013 at 02:30 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: [Xubuntu] Upgraded to 13.04, too many glitches in 12.04

I am using Xubuntu 12.04 LTS since its release on my 9 years old Sony Viao laptop. I have not noticed any bugs. The OS boots in under a minute, folders open quickly and I have no problem to copy and paste to ext. HDD as you have. I cannot upgrade to 13.04 as my old single core CPU is not supported any longer starting with this version of Ubuntu. I am however so happy with 12.04 that I do not mind. These problems that you are experiencing may be related to some hardware issues? Anyway if you are happy with 13.04 and it works for you, then I am happy for you. I like the LTS versions, but I guess sooner or later I will have to buy me a new and more modern laptop to run the new releases.