Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Ubuntu Software centre

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Beans
    4

    Arrow Ubuntu Software centre

    Hello Sir/Madam...

    i am facing problem with Ubuntu Software Centre, i try to launch it but when i click on it, nothing opening.
    simply i can't load Ubuntu software centre to install or remove any application. would you please guide and help me how i can load it???

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Williams Lake
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Ubuntu Software centre

    When you try to start the Software Centre in a terminal, what error message do you get?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Beans
    4

    Re: Ubuntu Software centre

    hello there, that's the thing i not get any error or any message, just nothing at all... i do double click it's get busy sign like something is nearly open but nothing at the end. even no error message

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Madras, India
    Beans
    194
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

    Re: Ubuntu Software centre

    Quote Originally Posted by amir_ali2 View Post
    hello there, that's the thing i not get any error or any message, just nothing at all... i do double click it's get busy sign like something is nearly open but nothing at the end. even no error message
    Hi caribou suggested you launch Ubuntu Software Center from a terminal emulator so any error message can be spotted. Launching from the menu will not display such messages. Please follow the instructions below and report back on what you see.

    Press ALT+F2
    Type: 'x-terminal-emulator' (without the quotes) and hit ENTER
    In the terminal emulator type the command: 'ubuntu-software-center'

    Now if there are any error messages you might get a hint as to what's wrong.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Beans
    151
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Ubuntu Software centre

    You can launch terminal in Ubuntu with keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+T. The command that you type in terminal should be 'software-center' or 'software-center-gtk3' because that's the actual binaries names of Ubuntu Software Center.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Beans
    4

    Re: Ubuntu Software centre

    Hello Mr. Santosh... i try to follow your instructions as you mention above. that way there error come "command not found".
    Mr. Mateusz. i try to follow your instructions aswell dear and that way "No such file or directory".
    so is it's mean Software center is not install in my system or deleted??? if this then how i can download that again in free?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Beans
    1,928
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Ubuntu Software centre

    Hi amir_ali2,

    You can install Synaptic Package Manager.

    http://askubuntu.com/questions/13197...ackage-manager
    UsingTheTerminal

    Smile today, cry tomorrow!
    ( Read this everyday )

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Magic City of the Plains
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Ubuntu Software centre

    Quote Originally Posted by amir_ali2 View Post
    Hello Mr. Santosh... i try to follow your instructions as you mention above. that way there error come "command not found".
    Mr. Mateusz. i try to follow your instructions aswell dear and that way "No such file or directory".
    so is it's mean Software center is not install in my system or deleted??? if this then how i can download that again in free?
    Which version of Ubuntu are you using?

    You can install Software Center with
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install software-center

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Beans
    4

    Re: Ubuntu Software centre

    Hello dear Sammiev...

    i already have Synaptic Package manager installed in to my system.
    but it's showing error on opening "E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'sudo dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem. E: _cache->open() failed, please report"
    My Ubuntu Software Center already not working so what other step i can take to install Software center to download softwares in my System. i am using currently "Release 10.04 (lucid) Kernel Linux 2.6.32-33-generic"

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Halloween Town
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

    Re: Ubuntu Software centre

    Quote Originally Posted by amir_ali2 View Post
    Hello dear Sammiev...

    i already have Synaptic Package manager installed in to my system.
    but it's showing error on opening "E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'sudo dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem. E: _cache->open() failed, please report"...
    Have you tried to do what he is suggesting? Open a terminal window and run
    Code:
    sudo dpkg --configure -a
    Quote Originally Posted by amir_ali2 View Post
    ...i am using currently "Release 10.04 (lucid) Kernel Linux 2.6.32-33-generic"
    Unless your using the server edition which will be maintained until April 2015, I would advise you to upgrade your Ubuntu system, because 10.04 desktop edition faced his EOL last May
    Please mark your thread as solved if you get a satisfactory response.
    Linux user #556334 | Ubuntu user #35168

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •