Thread: Broken: Settings > Appearance > Style

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

Broken: Settings > Appearance > Style

I've been using the Greybird theme in Xfce 4.10 on Ubuntu 12.04. This morning when I booted up, I first noticed some of the panel icons had changed. The I realized the panel color and window title bars were a different color than greybird. Greybird is still highlighted in the settings manager, which won't change the theme no matter what I select. I discovered this is true for icons as well. Is anyone else having this problem? Better yet, any suggestions of how to fix it?
    Last edited by Buntu Bunny; October 6th, 2013 at 03:47 PM. Reason: clarification
    "Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." Will Rogers

Beans
    Distro

Re: Broken: Settings > Appearance > Style

This morning I booted my computer and everything was back to "normal," i.e. my originally chosen appearance and icon themes. I have no idea what happened: how and why they switched in the first place and how and why they switched back. And Settings > Appearance is no long frozen. Not sure what else to say except, yay.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

I have seen this in the xfce session and it is due to th window manager crashing . Because I run different sessions I see this once in a blue moon. The following command or restarting usually solves the problem.
    Code:
    xfwm4 --replace
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Frogs Hair View Post
    I have seen this in the xfce session and it is due to th window manager crashing . Because I run different sessions I see this once in a blue moon. The following command or restarting usually solves the problem.
    Code:
    xfwm4 --replace
    Frogs Hair, thank you! That's so logical that I don't know why it didn't occur to me, especially since I've had a few window manager problems recently. I'll keep all this tucked under my hat.