Thread: gdebi problem, trouble

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

gdebi problem, trouble

Hi, I have installed CoverGloobus by .deb, because the ppa failed.

CoverGloobus not work. If I do System-> Preferences-> CoverGloobus configuration; after changing plugin music player, when I save the changes, appears again that the default plugin.

I noticed that the install "user gdebi" first appears, however after clicking on the button to install "root gdebi" appears (I noticed this due to my window manager). I think I have problems with permissions, but I do not identify to which file should I change the permissions.

I have Ubuntu minimal 12.04 with KDE. Sorry for my bad English, Thanks for your response

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: gdebi problem, trouble

I am not sure what you are asking here, nor exactly what you mean about your use of gdebi. Also I do not know anything about CoverGloobus, but why do you think you have permissions problems?

When you install a package with gdebi you are asked for your password before the install begins; is that what you mean by "root gdebi" appears? Maybe things work differently in KDE, but it's so long since I used KDE that I can't remember much about it, and it has changed a lot since my use which was of KDE 3.5.9, I think.
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 12.04-64bit --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: gdebi problem, trouble

as mentioned above tell us what exactly you want.
    I noticed that the install "user gdebi" first appears, however after clicking on the button to install "root gdebi" appears (I noticed this due to my window manager). I think I have problems with permissions, but I do not identify to which file should I change the permissions.
    here you can give your root password.
    Raja

రాజ శేఖర్ రెడ్డి