Thread: black screen after installation: problems with the graphic card drivers?

Beans

black screen after installation: problems with the graphic card drivers?

Hello everybody!

I'm a new Lubuntu user and I decided to install Lubuntu 13.04 on my old computer.

Packard Bell I Connect 8260
    Microprocessor: AMD Athlon XP 2200 + Processor
    Graphic card: Nvidia Corporation nForce 220/420 NV11 [GeForce 2 MX]

I successfully completed the installation mantaining the previous OS (Windows XP). After rebooting and selecting Lubuntu in the grub I can't get to the login screen. Previously there was a problem with the refresh frequencies of the monitor, I fixed it editing with the right fequencies in the xorg.conf file from the recovery mode command line. Now, after the grub, I don't have the frequency error, but I still can't see anything except for a black screen.
    I think I have troubles with the graphic card driver, since Windows keeps on working properly. I'd like to re-install them, but I don't know how to do it, because I don't have an Internet connection (I should first configure the wifi antenna installing the drivers, but I do not know how to do it).

Does anyone have any suggestion? I'm a total beginner, I don't want to give up and abandon lubuntu!

(forgive any mistake, I'm not a native English speaker)

Beans

Re: black screen after installation: problems with the graphic card drivers?

No answers? Help me please!

Beans

Re: black screen after installation: problems with the graphic card drivers?

So did you get a solution? Kind of same problem here!