Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 13.10 Saucy problems, screensaver, workspace switcher

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: 13.10 Saucy problems, screensaver, workspace switcher

Quote Originally Posted by coldraven View Post
    Sorry for the delay in answering, a boozy night at the pub has interupted things.
    That was with Unity and it got worse. Firefox started to lose text and the whole system went down.
    I can usually create a bootable USB stick really fast but I've had hours of problems and have finally managed to install Ubuntu 12.04. My other netbook with Xubuntu 12.10 started to misbehave and it has been a major hassle.
    13.10 has definately been the most buggy release that I've tried. I've been using 12.10 up until now but i realize that I need a stable version to get some work done.
    As you can see from my signature I have them all installed; mainly for the grub so I can keep up with it. That and playing around with different versions.
    But 12.04 the LTS version is the most reliable and is good to go all the way until April 2017.
    Glad you got it worked out.
    Check Java Version | Install Java via WEB UPD8 PPA
    Creating a Custom Maintenance Free GRUB2 Screen Community Wiki
    Ubuntu 12.04 | 14.04 | 14.10 | Mint 13 | Mint 17 | Windows 7 | All 64 bit

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

My problem is similar but different. I'm running 13.10 on a MacBook Pro. No problems switching workspaces with keyboard shortcuts but trying to move an application up or down doesn't work with keyboard. Example: Ctrl+Alt+Shift+arrow left/right will move applications left and right, but up or down does not work. Is this a fix that is till pending?

Thanks!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by CrazedWarVet View Post
    My problem is similar but different. I'm running 13.10 on a MacBook Pro. No problems switching workspaces with keyboard shortcuts but trying to move an application up or down doesn't work with keyboard. Example: Ctrl+Alt+Shift+arrow left/right will move applications left and right, but up or down does not work. Is this a fix that is till pending?

Thanks!
    known bug that will be fixed at some point
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...s/+bug/1241282

To fix just open ccsm (install compizconfig-settings-manager if need be), go to Desktop wall > Bindings > Move with window.. > & for up & down click on the little x icon on far right to set to actual defaults
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12