Thread: Can't remove on-screen keyboard when booting into Saucy

Beans

Can't remove on-screen keyboard when booting into Saucy

Can you help me remove the keyboard on the screen that I when booting into 13.10?
    I have read lots of posts about this but the solutions all seem to be related to seeing the keyboard when logging out and logging back in. These solutions don't work. The keyboard shows up again when I completely shut the computer down and then boot up again.
    Clicking on the X's on the keyboard does not remove it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Can't remove on-screen keyboard when booting into Saucy

Moved to ubuntu+1 forum,

Have you installed onboard?

Is this what you are seeing. https://apps.ubuntu.com/cat/applicat...aring/onboard/

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I have not tested this for a long time but I think the solution in 13.10 is the same as in 13.04 and the other versions of Ubuntu and it is at the top of the login screen. There we have an option to show an on screen keyboard. Once we set it to enabled then it will always appear until we disable it at the login screen. This function is part of the Universal Access options of Ubuntu. We will find a slider to switch the On Screen keyboard On and Off in System Settings>Universal Access. Either should work. If they do not then please file a bug report.

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by grahammechanical View Post
    I have not tested this for a long time but I think the solution in 13.10 is the same as in 13.04 and the other versions of Ubuntu and it is at the top of the login screen. There we have an option to show an on screen keyboard. Once we set it to enabled then it will always appear until we disable it at the login screen. This function is part of the Universal Access options of Ubuntu. We will find a slider to switch the On Screen keyboard On and Off in System Settings>Universal Access. Either should work. If they do not then please file a bug report.

Regards.
    +1. I forgot onboard is installed in the default setup.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by grahammechanical View Post

Regards.
    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. That fixed the problem.
    I had clicked on the keyboard icon and did not find the choice to remove the keyboard. Instead the choice to remove the keyboard is under the small icon that looks like a person.