Thread: Upgrade interrupted.

Beans

Upgrade interrupted.

I have decided to upgrade my Ubuntu 12.04 to 12.10. I had about 4.1GB space left on /. NOt until the last minute during the install phase did the upgrade manager ask me to make space on my drive. I started the software manager and now I can't get out of it back to continuing the upgrade. It keeps on asking me to repair the package catalogue, and has no x bar or button to close it, nor can I alt-tab to the updater window. I am stuck half way through an upgrade and can't get out. I have been a fan of ubuntu for years but after today I fear I have lost confidence.... Please someone help. How can they write software that allows this to happen. Should they be making sure there is adequate disk space before the upgrade.

Beans

Re: OK major problem. help... Upgrade interupted.

Do I just hard reboot. It seems like it is the only option. Someone please help here....

Beans

Re: OK major problem. help... Upgrade interupted.

OK. So no reply amd I rebooted. It starts to boot. but stops after the ubuntu circle screen all black.
    Last edited by mörgæs; October 3rd, 2013 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Please stick to the facts.