Thread: Thread was locked - maybe a slight over-reaction?

Beans

Thread was locked - maybe a slight over-reaction?

Hey guys

Whilst I was absent, a VERY thought-provoking thread which I started, was "locked" because a couple of people had a **mild** to-and-fro disagreement about the finer points of why people ask questions, and why people reply.

In my humble view, I feel that possibly this thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2177457&page=5

... may have been better served, by having those involved in the cause of it having been locked, being warned. It seems slightly heavy-handed to just breeze past and lock it, merely because a *couple* of people disagreed. Forget their disagreement - the thread had almost 1,000 views in THREE days - and was very thought provoking and was a "not of the norm kind of thread - one which makes your mind work a little harder than usually is the case.

I digress - please, in all fairness, would you consider UN-locking for those who are looking into deeper thought regarding my OP subject?

Thank you, have a lovely day or night

M.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: Thread was locked - maybe a slight over-reaction?

First - just because you do not see any discussion does not mean that none takes place, so comments like

just breeze past and lock it
    do nothing to help your argument.

I've re-opened the thread, but it has and will continue to be watched.

Beans

Re: Thread was locked - maybe a slight over-reaction?

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post
    First - just because you do not see any discussion does not mean that none takes place, so comments like

do nothing to help your argument.

I've re-opened the thread, but it has and will continue to be watched.
    I'm sorry - I felt annoyed and was in not such a good mood for other reasons. Thank you for opening it again