Thread: CineS2 6.5 / RC6 / reboot

Beans

CineS2 6.5 / RC6 / reboot

Hi,

i need help

several month ago i was building my HTPC based on ubuntu 12.10, already at that time i had a Problem getting my CINE S2 V6.5 Satelite Card to work the Card was so new that i had to find Workarounds to get it working....

Lately i had Problems with some of my newly installed plugins... after a while of Trial and error i decided to do a complete reinstall of everything
    i changed to ubuntu 13.04 i was able to install everything like it should only sproblem again was my sat Card and Sound via HDMI

Sound via HDMI i could sort that out, only other thing was my Card, after several tries i found out how to do it i had to install media-build-experimental-dkms

an voila it was working Card was there and i could acces it...

at that Point everything was ok BUT i fast realized that my remote Logitec via RC6 Receiver wasnt working and that sudo reboot didn't work -> resulted in black Screen
    (before installing media-build-experimental-dkms the remote an reboot function was there)

Several People took the same build for theire Problem but noone reported a similar Problem

Honestly tried to reinstall on base of 12.04, 12.10 same result!

for my xbmc Setup Login an pass for root is xbmc/xbmc

yesterday when i retried a reboot via ssh i saw a message like xbmc reboot

but my xbmc session on my tv was still going on, when i tried there to rebbot the machine i saw in the ssh session root reboot

so could there been a "user" acces Problem ? from where is the root ?

i don't know what to test, please i would be happy for any direction pointing me to the Problem

P.S. my child a wife don't have TV for 4 straight days.. my life depends on it

Sincerly
    Henri

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: CineS2 6.5 / RC6 / reboot

Please ask mods to move this to "Multimedia and Video" where your post will have a better chance of being seen by those gurus.
    Newb: How far must I jump to clear the ledge halfway down?
    Guru: It's bad to jump off cliffs. Let's look at better options.
    Newb: Stop harping about "best practices" and just let me jump.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release