Thread: Mouse lag

Beans

Mouse lag

Hello I'm running Ubuntu 13.04. I have severe mouse lag in games and on desktop (even in windows). I've seen a few suggestions but the commands don't work saying that the directory does not exist. I have switched USB ports and I've switched mice. Any idea on how to fix it?

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Mouse lag

Cranerja, do you have this mouse lag from start up or is it only during game play?

What are your system specs? if your system is seriously slowed down during game play it could be impacting on your mouse.

Do you have access to try the same game on other pcs (similar spec preferable).

You should also find mouse settings for acceleration, resistance and stuff in your settings menu.
    Last edited by mörgæs; September 30th, 2013 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Let's keep it to the point.
    Eee pc via Wubi install.
    evertying works straight out of the box

My Launchpad page

Beans

I use kubuntu and experience the same problem. Indeed I have reset my machine with kubuntu 13.10 and it changes nothing. I have a brand new desktop machine with big specs: intel i7, 16 gig of ram... I have

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by cranerja View Post
    I've seen a few suggestions but the commands don't work saying that the directory does not exist.
    Just re-read your initial post, have you got a link to the pages that you tried.

I'm a bit bemused as to why your mouse should be lagging? unless it is a wireless mouse and you are getting interference somewhere?

from a terminal type in the following
    Code:
    lsusb
    before and after plugging in the mouse

this is what I get with my cordless mouse plugges in...
    Code:
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 13d3:5702 IMC Networks UVC VGA Webcam
    Bus 003 Device 002: ID 046d:c501 Logitech, Inc. Cordless Mouse Receiver
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
    Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
    you'll notice the funny code
    Code:
    046d:c501
    this is some sort of hardware / driver detail, if you search for whatever your output is relating to your mouse you may find something.

you should probably try the same thing to get information on the USB driver / hardware using the following
    [code]
    lshw
    [/lshw]
    there is a lot of output, and you'll need to run through it to find the detail of your USB controler.

Post the output to this thread, and any result from your research of the details that you get.

David
    Eee pc via Wubi install.
    evertying works straight out of the box

My Launchpad page

Beans

I switched my graphics card to an nvidia one and the problem went away (for games at least). The old card must have been bad