First of all, I have a PowerPC Mac Pro G4.
Today I tried to install MintPPC on the computer mentioned above. This is how I did it:
1. Downloaded MintPPC 11 from the mintppc.org
2. I burned the .iso file on a CD with the speed of 16x
3. I put the CD in the disk tray and tested if the PC would recognize it, it did.
4. I reboot my PC and hold down the 'C' key.
5. Nothing worked, even a brand new ATA HDD...
6. I tried booting into the Open Firmware mode with holding down the 'option' key, 'command' key, the 'O' key and the 'F' key. It had no problems
7. As there is a bug in the firmware here, I typed the following in:8. As I just pressed enter, there came a screen up that showed a big NO-NO sign (see picture).Code:boot hd;\install\yaboot
9. And now I stranded here, asking for your help.
Maybe you people can give me a better distro(?) or did I just do something completely wrong?