Thread: html pages how to add linear navigation heading automaticaly

Beans

html pages how to add linear navigation heading automaticaly

Hello Sirs,
    I use Kompozer to make simple static html pages. Then I would like to add a heading for navigation (links: next, back, home).
    It's not easy do it manually. Especially if I want to insert new pages between the older pages and refresh the navigations links.
    Is there a tool for editing static pages automaticaly? Also checking integrity of all links in the whole set would be fine.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: html pages how to add linear navigation heading automaticaly

gam01hr,

you should have a look a jQuery I realise it isn't 'static', but it may be able to give you what you are after

David
    Eee pc via Wubi install.
    evertying works straight out of the box

My Launchpad page

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

You could try using "server-side includes" or frames to create pages where the header is automatically included at the top of each content page.
    If you ask for help, please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
    You could try using "server-side includes" or frames to create pages where the header is automatically included at the top of each content page.
    side note here....

design things now suggest that iframes (inline frames) are not a good path to take, causes problems for site indexing etc.

However if I understand the OP he is creating 'static' pages, and doesn't want the 'overhead' of installing a full blown web server (I don't know how other 'light weight' web servers handle server side includes.

A quick solution may be to make use of tiddlyWiki, which will give you menu's on left and right (OK I admit you wanted it on the top.... but tiddlyWiki may give you a quick eash in browser solution.

Although thinking about it now jQuery may also require a server... the OP will have to test it out.

David
    Eee pc via Wubi install.
    evertying works straight out of the box

My Launchpad page