Thread: Ubuntu working great but no windows now.

Threaded View

Beans

Ubuntu working great but no windows now.

hi i installed Ubuntu and it is working great but my computer was set up with a duel boot with win7 and win8.1 on setting up Ubuntu i put down for it to install alongside windows but for some reason i cannot get windows to boot up either win 7 or 8, i have even tried to reinstall windows but it just says it cannot install as disk is locked which i have no idea about.

is it posible to unlock the drive and then run the old windows or if needed unlock then install a new install of windows 8.

i have one 120 GB SSD drive all one partition which is my C drive and the one i think is locked,

one 500 GB hard drive which i removed everything from to do the Ubuntu install on but somehow it is now showing three partitions
    one partition of 6 GB ext 2
    one partition of 465 GB ext 4
    one partition of 31 GB Linux swap (0x82)

one 1TB hard drive all one partition type HPFS/NTFS (0x07)

plus one DVD/CD drive and an external 1 TB hard drive

if possible i would like to try and keep my old win 8 along with the ubuntu install as if i loose my win 8 i loose some registration of some programs and will have to try and re register them with the seller.

any help gratefully received

regards
    Poppy Ann.

forgot to add http://paste.ubuntu.com/6175939/
    Last edited by poppys-boat; September 30th, 2013 at 04:53 PM. Reason: forgot to add