I recently downloaded Ubuntu 12.04 to my Nokia Booklet 3G RX-75 Netbook style laptop. I love it, and think it works great. It has worked wonders for the speed and efficiency of a netbook that was bogged down and slow with windows 7. On to my issue
I have been searching through this forum for 3 days know, trouble shooting a variety of different posts, and other websites potential resolutions to the issue of video playback.
PROBLEM: video playback, for all browsers (web-based video playback) is at at least 1.5x spead, and i can not figure out how to resolve the issue
WHAT I HAVE TRIED:
- I started with firefox as my browser. I removed it, added Chrome and tried again. the problem was not resolved.
- I added chromium, removed chrome, and tried again to play a video and the issue persisted.
- I added chrome back, and started playing around with the plugins. I would enable and disable different plugins and refresh the brownser, and none of the combinations solved the problem
- I started this process with the stock ubuntu video player setting (flash i guess), as a lot of the potential solutions I read talked about pulse audio, smplayer, vlc player, etc. However, i did not have any of those downloaded at the time, so i could bot adjust the settings or kill the application in the terminal
- In turn, I added them, and tried to adjust the video playback none of it worked
- I started to check the bios screen in order to turn of the sound board, and put in a code within the terminal,but my bios screen (when i press f2) does not reference any audio sections.
- when I go into setting>sounds the only option to choose is the speaker built in audio
- I never thought it was a sound issue, the sound has always sounded fine, the only reason it is choppy is because it was playing at 1.5 speed
- I want to say i tried a few more things, but there have been so many that I can't remember all the threads I read.
- I just tried ryhthmbox and it plays at 1.5 times speed as well.
- I tried Pandora Radio and it plays at 1.5x speed
- I noticed also, in rythym box that the sound cuts out at anywhere from 5-30 seconds of play.
- this does not happen in any of the other mediums mentioned above
Anyway, please help, I would like to be able to listen to music and or watch video because ubuntu has been so great otherwise. i should mention when I was using windows 7 this was not an issue with video (it would buffer from time to time, but not this)