Thread: No sound when trying to use MIDI synth

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

No sound when trying to use MIDI synth

Hi guys, I'm trying to learn a little more about music and I thought it'd be good to have a go at playing music while I did. I found in the Ubuntu software centre a couple of vurtual music keyboards that can accept inputs from my normal qwerty keyboard but when I open them no sound comes out. I have a sound blaster X-Fi card, could it be something to do with the drivers for that? let me know if you need any more information and importantly how to obtain that information, I am posting in the beginners section for a reason. Thank you.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: No sound when trying to use MIDI synth

Quote Originally Posted by solouko View Post
    Hi guys, I'm trying to learn a little more about music and I thought it'd be good to have a go at playing music while I did. I found in the Ubuntu software centre a couple of vurtual music keyboards that can accept inputs from my normal qwerty keyboard but when I open them no sound comes out. I have a sound blaster X-Fi card, could it be something to do with the drivers for that? let me know if you need any more information and importantly how to obtain that information, I am posting in the beginners section for a reason. Thank you.
    Which virtual music keyboards are you using?

Some require the actual VST/is to be loaded.
    Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions ... Do your thing, and don't care if they like it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: No sound when trying to use MIDI synth

zynaddsubFX and vurtual midi keyboard, that's what they're called. How do I load the VST/is and what is it?