Thread: Would like old account name back

Beans

Would like old account name back

Hi,

Is there a way to get my old account back? Even though I typed my "preferred" email address into the SSO account when I first tried logging on after the Ubuntu forums rebuild, it still created a new account for me using the preferred email address.

I used to post under the username "Butthead." Is there any way I can get that account back? Thanks!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Would like old account name back

Unfortunately, that's not the email account associated with "Butthead". I'm not sure if the registered account is even valid. If you can identify it, we can probably get it re-associated.
    Linux User #415691 Ubuntu User #8629
    Iowa Team (LoCo): [Wiki] [Launchpad]
    IRC channel: #ubuntu-us-ia on irc.freenode.net

Beans

Hi Iowan,

Thinking about it last night, the account "Butthead" might be registered under the e-mail address <snip> Since this e-mail account doesn't physically exist anymore (had too many billing issues with the ISP's owners wife forgetting to send me monthly usage charges, and then claiming it was me neglecting to pay the bill ), I can't seem to change it now (SSO login needs to send verification to this e-mail address, it seems) when I tried logging in with it again.

Would it be possible to change my username here back to Butthead, but have my new "peeteedee@comcast.net" e-mail address associated with it? I'd be most thankful!

Kind of a shame though, since I probably have more posts on the ubuntu forum now as peeteedee than Butthead. What can I say, I'm a lazy forum poster.
    Last edited by cariboo; September 28th, 2013 at 04:00 AM. Reason: removed email address for safety

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Actually the Butthead account was registered with a www.com email address.

Beans

Was it <snip>

Cripes, have I been a member of the Ubuntu forum that long now? That particular "www.com" account folded over ten (or so?) years ago. As a matter of fact, I don't think that mail service even exists anymore.

As for "snipping" out the e-mail addresses for safety, I don't even think they are active anymore. If anyone feels so inclined, they can always spam the magpage.com one and ask the woman in charge of sending out bills on time if she ever got proficient in it.
    Last edited by cariboo; September 29th, 2013 at 03:08 AM. Reason: removed email address for safety

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

The email address that I snipped was the one you used when you registered the Butthead account. I can change the email address on the original account to your current email address, but I'll have to disable and disassociate the account before doing so. I'll wait to hear back from you before doing so.

Beans

Yes, I'd like to do that, if at all possible.

Might need help making sure I type in the correct information into SSO login afterwards, since Firefox (I assume?) has been doing it automatically for me for such long time now.

Anyway, cariboo907 (and Iowan), I appreciate everything you both have done for me so far.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

The peeteedee account has been disabled and disassociated, and the email address has been moved to the Butthead account. If you haven't made any changes to your SSO login, you should be able to access the original account when you login next.