Thread: Account name needs to change - or delete my account

Beans

Exclamation Account name needs to change - or delete my account

Hi there,

I am new to ubuntu forums and wouldve liked to join the community - but i made a mistake in my account name, i want to choose something else. Could i / you edit my username or must i delete my account?

In addition im getting quite annoyed with the fact that i cannot even reply to posts or even view my own profile settings. I mean everytime i click on something i get a message saying 'you dont have permission to view this page'. Can someone please explain why i dont have permission to view not even my own settings? I know the site was hacked but restricting users' from editing their own account is not a solution. And how can we be active in 10 posts as a requirement before having full permission to our settings if you dont even let us post anything in different threads in the first place?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Account name needs to change - or delete my account

No problem in changing your username. Please provide three alternatives in order of preference and I'll see if one is available.

As far as being unable to post, I can see nothing in your account settings that would prevent this. What are you clicking on that gives you the permission denied message? Some links would be useful.

If you want to reply to a thread, you go to the thread you want to post to and click on the dark orange "reply to thread" button. Is this giving you a permission denied error?

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans

Hi and thanks for your prompt response.

ok well before when i clicked on 'adv reply' on the user's post it gave me the ;permission denied' message.. i dont know what happened now but it allows me to post on other threads.

Can i private message you my usernames order of preference?
    And would i be able to change my own username in my settings after replying to 10 posts? just out of interests sake.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Yes, pm me with your choice of names. No, you won't be able to change your username after 10 posts - that has never been an option.

As far as not being able to post in another person's thread, that should only happen here in the Resolution Centre where the permissions are set up so that only the OP and forum staff can post to threads. That is so that forum members can have the undivided attention of forum admins when dealing with issues concerning their forum account. Elsewhere in the forum there should be no restriction, except for the read-only areas such as the forum archive where you wouldn't see the various new post buttons anyway.

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Resolved by pm. Done.