Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Need drivers for Linksys WUSB600N wireless / OS = Hoary Hedgehog

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Beans
    25

    Need drivers for Linksys WUSB600N wireless / OS = Hoary Hedgehog

    I have to kill this post, I was able to install, UPDATE 04; Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon) This does install on emachine 5414 !




    I'm running Ubuntu 5.04 (Hoary Hedgehog) ,on an old emachine 5414.

    I want to know what driver to download so that I can use a Linksys / Cisco dual band wireless N USB, model WUSB600N?

    Michael
    Last edited by mawil10132; September 30th, 2013 at 01:18 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Beans
    38
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: Need drivers for Linksys WUSB600N wireless / OS = Hoary Hedgehog

    Just asking, why do you run such an outdated version of Ubuntu? The current version is 13.04 and a version as old as 5.04 is no longer supported and very much vulnerable to software incompatibility and malware.

    If the problem is of the machine specs, why not run a lightweight version such as Xubuntu?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Beans
    25

    Re: Need drivers for Linksys WUSB600N wireless / OS = Hoary Hedgehog

    Quote Originally Posted by dshgna View Post
    Just asking, why do you run such an outdated version of Ubuntu? The current version is 13.04 and a version as old as 5.04 is no longer supported and very much vulnerable to software incompatibility and malware.

    If the problem is of the machine specs, why not run a lightweight version such as Xubuntu?

    Old emachine 5414, Specs here; http://support.gateway.com/emachines.../4645sp6.shtml latest, L and X will not run on this machine, nor mini's.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Vermont USA
    Beans
    46
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

    Re: Need drivers for Linksys WUSB600N wireless / OS = Hoary Hedgehog

    Quote Originally Posted by mawil10132 View Post
    Old emachine 5414, Specs here; http://support.gateway.com/emachines.../4645sp6.shtml latest, L and X will not run on this machine, nor mini's.
    Looking at those specs, I can't understand why you say L and X won't run on it.
    Linux User #558289 - Learning as I go!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Beans
    25

    Re: Need drivers for Linksys WUSB600N wireless / OS = Hoary Hedgehog

    Quote Originally Posted by BazBear View Post
    Looking at those specs, I can't understand why you say L and X won't run on it.

    I tired both, they both started but never got past about a minute of running, never even got to the, what do you want to do menu.

    I'm been downloading and burning I'm getting burn out ! LOL, There was one version that loaded live but when I went to full install, it froze.

    Are you suggesting the latest L or X ubuntu or are there older and smaller versions?

    Michael

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Beans
    38
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: Need drivers for Linksys WUSB600N wireless / OS = Hoary Hedgehog

    Must be a problem with my connection but I'm afraid the specs appear as Chinese characters to me :s.
    What was the previous O/S you were running, if any? (just curious)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Left Coast of the USA
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

    Re: Need drivers for Linksys WUSB600N wireless / OS = Hoary Hedgehog

    Given the original poster's edits to the the first post and the fact that another thread has been started, this one is closed.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •