Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Big Smartphones

Beans

Re: Big Smartphones

For those of us of a more advanced age that the typical inhabitant of this forum, having a larger screen size means we can use larger text fonts. Once you pass fifty, you'll understand why this valuable.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
    I carry my Galaxy S3 in my pocket all the time. It is not too large, and the device is so siim that I hardly notice it is there. Whenever I see my friends trying to read text on their iPhones, I'm even more convinced that the S3 was the right choice for me.

I'm with you on this.

Beans
    Distro

For those of us of a more advanced age that the typical inhabitant of this forum, having a larger screen size means we can use larger text fonts. Once you pass fifty, you'll understand why this valuable.
    In a word. Varifocals.

Beans

OT:

You mean progressive bifocals? Been there, done that. I hated lying on the couch and trying to watch TV. I had to keep tilting my head to look through the right part of the lens. Now I have the distance glasses I've worn for nearly six decades and a separate pair to wear when using my desktop computer. They focus to a spot about three feet in front of me. For reading, I just take the glasses off entirely.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans
    Distro

OT:

You mean progressive bifocals? Been there, done that. I hated lying on the couch and trying to watch TV. I had to keep tilting my head to look through the right part of the lens. Now I have the distance glasses I've worn for nearly six decades and a separate pair to wear when using my desktop computer. They focus to a spot about three feet in front of me. For reading, I just take the glasses off entirely.
    Lol yes. I never lie on couch to watch tv but I have been interested in single vision for the pc.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Yes that thing is big enough it is hard to lose and weighs enough you will notice if you walk away without it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I remember when the Iphone 5 came out. People were making fun of the users hunched over the phone to see the text on the screen. There were dozens of pictures on sites like reddit. a frind has a Samsung Note2 and its huge, makes my old Samsung Captivate seem like an SD card! But he swears by it, its his lifeline.

BTW, if you want the Brick back, I want the bag back!

Only used to cost me $20 for 5 minutes!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234