Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Final beta milestone ready for download and testing.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Final beta milestone ready for download and testing.

I got into more Launchpad bugs on this Beta milestone than any of the previous milestones.

Some workarounds from the launchpad bug entries have helped but of course they are not in the daily build .iso code. I can't tell from the launchpad bug comments whether the RC will have fixes or not.

My desktop is still screwed up the hide/unhide launcher behavior leaves a big black launcher background vertical bar where it is supposed to restore the wallpaper.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

the hide/unhide launcher behavior leaves a big black launcher background vertical bar where it is supposed to restore the wallpaper.
    When I see that I know I am using the video fallback mode of llvmpipe. I see llvmpipe as a sub set of Nouveau that is used for graphic cards that cannot run Ubuntu Unity 3D. It is the replacement of Unity 2D+metacity. I get it when I run Recovery Resume.

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by grahammechanical View Post
    When I see that I know I am using the video fallback mode of llvmpipe. I see llvmpipe as a sub set of Nouveau that is used for graphic cards that cannot run Ubuntu Unity 3D. It is the replacement of Unity 2D+metacity. I get it when I run Recovery Resume.

Regards.
    This is Intel Corporation Atom Processor D4xx/D5xx/N4xx/N5xx Integrated Graphics Controller running normal, not Recovery.

I've even made a couple stabs at mir with it, however it is not supposed to be ready for external monitor yet. Waiting for a hint mir is ready for another go.

I have no experience with Unity 3D (and no interest so far) on my netbook, notebook, or tower. I tend to run full screen or nearly full screen applications such as internet browser, office, terminal utilities, videos, digital photos, etc. on 1600x900 or 1440x900 or 1366x768 external monitors. I do very little with the desktop except set wallpaper to my wife in a bathing suit on vacation on an Australian beach.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345