Thread: Only kubuntu wifi problem.

Beans

Only kubuntu wifi problem.

Hello I'm a very new user in unix systems. I installed ubuntu 64 bit 12.04 LTS on my macbook pro 4,1 early 2008. I fix the problem in ubuntu with the wifi but always if I wanted to connect to wifi I have to connect to random hidden network to show my network is complicated I know. I installed kubuntu and now the wifi does not work. I cant see my wifi connection and when I tried to connect as hidenn via konsole:

Code:
    boo@boo-MacBook:~$ iwconfig wlan0 essid sarmale key 2358085701Error for wireless request "Set ESSID" (8B1A) :
        SET failed on device wlan0 ; Operation not permitted.
    boo@boo-MacBook:~$ dhclient wlan0
    RTNETLINK answers: Operation not permitted
    Code:
    iwconfig: eth0      no wireless extensions.

lo        no wireless extensions.

wlan0     IEEE 802.11bg  ESSID:off/any  
              Mode:Managed  Access Point: Not-Associated   Tx-Power=20 dBm   
              Retry  long limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
              Power Management:off
    Code:
    lspci | grep Network:

02:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4321 802.11a/b/g/n (rev 03)
    Thank you I really need help I don't know what to do anymore this problem is bothering me since last week.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Only kubuntu wifi problem.

Commands like "iwconfig" and "dhclient" require root privileges. You must run them with sudo like this:

Code:
    sudo dhclient wlan0
    You'll be asked for your password the first time you enter a sudo command. Afterwards, you'll have root privileges for a while and won't need to re-enter the password. Read this for details: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RootSudo
    If you ask for help, please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans

Re: Only kubuntu wifi problem.

Thank you solved... I really sorry for creating new thread for a minor thing but I didn't find anywhere, thank you