Thread: Vengeful Chip - A video game music collection in FLAC. YouTube channel available too!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Vengeful Chip - A video game music collection in FLAC. YouTube channel available too!

I started up this project because this is something that hasn't been done before. The goal of it is to collect as many game soundtracks from as many platforms (Lemmings as an example, we have it's complete soundtrack from 17 different ports), from the common IBM-PC, to the more exotic X68000, from common consoles like SNES to 3DO or PC-Engine.

If you're an old game/console/PC enthusiast, this might interest you =)

You can see all the available soundtracks here:

http://vengefulchip.tk

Also I'm looking for some help, if you have a bit of time, please review this page, I'll be eternally grateful ^^

We also have a YouTube channel here if you prefer to listen to it that way.

Thanks for your time, and if I posted this in the wrong category on these forums, mods please feel free to move/remove the thread.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Vengeful Chip - A video game music collection in FLAC. YouTube channel available

Ah lemmings.. I killed so many of them.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Vengeful Chip - A video game music collection in FLAC. YouTube channel available

Not sure if that was supposed to be sadistic of just plain not good at the game XD

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by andy_blah View Post
    Not sure if that was supposed to be sadistic of just plain not good at the game XD
    haha.. I probably should have written "I failed to save" so many of them. Good look with project man, sounds cool. : ]

Beans
    Distro

Thank you very much, I'll surely need that =)
    And it's never too late to get better at the game XD

Beans
    Distro

Hey fellow ubuntuers =D

Just as a quick update I posted the full soundtrack of The Adventures of Willy Beamish. This one took me a while to finish...
    I had to manually edit the FM recordings instead, since I couldn't loop the tracks in the FM player by NRS (Vogons forums). It was quite a hassle, but still better and easier than record in-game. ^^

Locked for discussion. andy_blah, you do have an interersting project; however, it may violate copyright which is the reason it has been locked for now. After the discussion, it could be either reopened, remain locked, or jailed.
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine