Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deleted user account

Beans

Exclamation Deleted user account

MY SISTER IS GOING TO KILL ME! I need to calm down, I`ve got a heart attack, when I found out what I did... 2 seconds ago...

a few days ago I have created a account for my sister on my ubuntu 13.04, 40GB of her stuff I have placed there, she told me then that she doesen`t want that account, i deleted it, but I have forgotten that I pressed delete files when asked, SHE TOLD ME THAT SHE DOESEN`T WANT HER FILES STORED ON MY PC! She said that something will go wrong, AND IT DID. That personal stuff is HIGHLY important for her, I need to get it back. She is in town right now and she is going to rip my skin of my flesh if she finds out what happend, I need to restore those files so we can burn them onto DVDs, PLEASE I NEEEED HELP

Is there ANY way to get it back so that it looks like the same as it was?

Beans

Re: Deleted user account

please people hep

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by The musmula View Post
    MY SISTER IS GOING TO KILL ME! I need to calm down, I`ve got a heart attack, when I found out what I did... 2 seconds ago...

a few days ago I have created a account for my sister on my ubuntu 13.04, 40GB of her stuff I have placed there, she told me then that she doesen`t want that account, i deleted it, but I have forgotten that I pressed delete files when asked, SHE TOLD ME THAT SHE DOESEN`T WANT HER FILES STORED ON MY PC! She said that something will go wrong, AND IT DID. That personal stuff is HIGHLY important for her, I need to get it back. She is in town right now and she is going to rip my skin of my flesh if she finds out what happend, I need to restore those files so we can burn them onto DVDs, PLEASE I NEEEED HELP

Is there ANY way to get it back so that it looks like the same as it was?
    Just check that the users home directory is still there. Normally removing a user does not remove the users home folder.

Open files click on computer and then home to see if it's still there.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I've never tried to recover deleted files before, but I know there is software out there that can do it. First off, I would immediately boot from a live CD to keep from over writing the deleted files on the hard drive. Next I would go through the links below to see what suggestions may work for you.

http://askubuntu.com/questions/3883/how-to-recover-deleted-files

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DataRecovery

Good Luck.
    Last edited by Petro Dawg; September 26th, 2013 at 02:26 PM.
    Who's Awesome? You're Awesome.

Beans

the home folder is deleted
    and I am trying to use photorec to recover them, but the end results will be a bunch of files with a random name and I am not sure if those were in it or not, I need something that will recover it whitout making that what photorec makes

Beans

hello?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

You copied 40GB of data there only a few days ago. Where did the data come from? Is it still there?

Beans

it came from an other pc and there they were deleted too

Beans

anyone there?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

If you're not willing to use Photorec, there's same other choices for you to use. See this: HOW TO RECOVER DELETED FILES IN UBUNTU / DEBIAN WITH SCAPEL AND FOREMOST
    Please mark your thread as solved if you get a satisfactory response.
    Linux user #556334 | Ubuntu user #35168

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast