Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clicking on the launchers's icon of an open aplication in another workspace

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Clicking on the launchers's icon of an open aplication in another workspace

Clicking on the launchers's icon of an open application that is in a workspace which is not the active one, does not take you to the other workspace and therefore does not open the application's window. This is happening now in the updated Unity in 13.10, is this now a feature or is it a bug?
    Catalan Team: Tingueu presents les normes d'or dels fòrums d'Ubuntu: poseu un títol entenedor i apropiat als vostres fils; digueu quina versió i variant d'Ubuntu feu servir i a quina màquina; i què heu provat abans de demanar ajut.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Clicking on the launchers's icon of an open aplication in another workspace

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Thanks, good to know it's not a feature.
    Catalan Team: Tingueu presents les normes d'or dels fòrums d'Ubuntu: poseu un títol entenedor i apropiat als vostres fils; digueu quina versió i variant d'Ubuntu feu servir i a quina màquina; i què heu provat abans de demanar ajut.

Beans
    Distro

I get the feeling that it is a feature. It used to be possible to move around the workspaces by using Ctrl+Alt+ an arrow key. We could move left - right and up - down. Now we can only move left - right. But if we press super+S and let go of S but hold Super we can move around the square of workspaces using the keys. This is listed in the keyboard shortcut overlay. That is why I am beginning to think it is a feature.

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans
    Distro

Sorry for the double post. In the middle of an "It's dead, Jim." message. Is it Chromium or my connection to the ISP that dropping?
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Beans

I doubt this is intended, thought I saw a report on though no time to find.
    Note that it only affects wall, rotate is fine, both from clicking on launcher icon & with the ctrl+alt+arrow keys

Beans

I don't use wall but as far as the Ctrl+Alt+an up/down arrow key take a look at this bug I filed quite some time ago
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...z/+bug/1201405

(see if resetting in ccsm helps...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by grahammechanical View Post
    I get the feeling that it is a feature. It used to be possible to move around the workspaces by using Ctrl+Alt+ an arrow key. We could move left - right and up - down. Now we can only move left - right. But if we press super+S and let go of S but hold Super we can move around the square of workspaces using the keys. This is listed in the keyboard shortcut overlay. That is why I am beginning to think it is a feature.

Regards.
    It felt more like a bug, since the last time I checked to enable workspaces it gave you 2x2 instead of 1x4.
    Of course it was sometime ago and I've since re-established the up/down keybinding and haven't had a problem again.
    That said, don't know what the latest fresh install workspace layout is.(Whether 1x4 or 2x2)
    I usually set it to 3x3 and then muck about with expo and viewport switcher for fun.
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans
    Distro

An update a few minutes ago might have fixed it. I can now used Ctrl+Alt+arrows key to move around the default 2x2 box of workspaces. The Super + S feature still works. I Challenge anyone to press Shift+Ctrl+Alt+arrow key action.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by grahammechanical View Post
    to press Shift+Ctrl+Alt+arrow key action.
    That is to move to another workspace with window currently in focus - works fine here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast