Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hotmail account will not work with any email program

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Hotmail account will not work with any email program

Hi,

I can't log in into my Hotmail account, as I forgot my password for it aeons ago.
    However, in my evolution email client I use port 110, and for SSL I (have to, my provider is not top class, Thunderbird says I have to speak to them ) use: No security.
    I never had (so far) to alter these from email account to email account, but who knows

You are NOT wasting my time ....

Topsiho

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

I can kick myself, but as far as I know the title of your thread states this well: your hotmail account does not work with any email program

You have to access Hotmail from your ==> browser <== client, such as Firefox.

I (almost) never use WEBmail, such as Gmail and Hotmail, so I was not sharp enough to give you a correct reply earlier, sorry for that ...

Topsiho

Beans

Cracked it!

Thank you everyone for all your suggestions. It looks like it was blocked ports on my network. I was trying to access my mail on my work network and I suspect that the ports are blocked as it seems to work at home.

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Excellent, glad you found a solution. Any chance you can now mark this thread as solved? Top right under Thread Tools.

Beans

Hi,

Thanks for all the responses to the above, I have managed to solve the mystery. The problem was I was attempting to access my mail on my work network and it seems that they have blocked these ports. Working from home I am now able to send and Receive emails. The only way to send and receive emails on my work network would be to enable Thunderbird to access a http mail server. Does anyonw know if there is a pluggin for this or if it is possible?

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I suggest you mark this thread as solved and start a new one with that questions as it's no longer related to the thread subject.

Beans

Ok, will do thanks.
    Last edited by adam17; October 3rd, 2013 at 07:22 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12